Once students are done with their Class 10 board exam, students take a step back from their studies. When students begin their exam preparation for Class 10 they are under pressure and stress so Class 11 seems like a welcome change for them.
After stepping into Class 11 students begin their exam preparation for the Class 12 Board exam. In terms of course content, 11 is very different and difficult compared to the Class 10 syllabus. Class 11 is divided into three streams- Science, Arts, and Commerce. If students choose the Science stream then the difficulty level gets higher. Science stream students will study concepts of Fundamental Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, etc.
When students are promoted to standard 11th Chemistry is entirely different, also new concepts are introduced in Maths, and Biology is explained in detail. Students of Class 11 and 12 should take the subject of Mathematics seriously since they will be preparing for JEE. It is also crucial to grasp the concepts of Physics and Chemistry as well.
Also, in Class 11 students need to shift their emphasis from theories to their application. So, to excel in their Class 11 exam, students should begin their exam preparation from their prescribed syllabus. For example CBSE 11 Physics Syllabus, Chemistry syllabus, Biology syllabus, etc.
From the points mentioned below students can effectively prepare for their Class 11 exam.
- Students should always make sure that before they begin their exam preparation, they must prepare a proper study strategy. Making a proper study plan will help them to distribute equal importance to all the subjects every week. Create a proper time-table according to the difficulty of the subjects.
- Once they create a time-table, they should start their exam preparation from the prescribed syllabus. The syllabus of all the subjects of their respective stream consists of the complete course structure, distribution of marks, and no. of periods allotted to each chapter.
- Previous year question papers and sample papers should be practiced on a daily basis. Previous year papers are design according to the subject-wise syllabus. It gives students an overview of the exam pattern, weightage of marks, types of questions asked, and difficulty level. Sample Papers are designed as per the question paper structure. Solve last year’s papers and sample papers because there is a chance that few questions might be tweaked and repeated in the final exam.
- Students should make sure that they have enough time to revise all the subjects before the Class 11 exam. By revising the difficult subject before the exam will help students to understand the preparation and improve on the concepts they are lagging behind.
- Textbooks are considered to be a crucial resource during exam preparation. It helps students to clear their doubts and grasp the concepts easily. Be thorough with the prescribed subject-wise textbooks to write the exam with confidence. Teachers also take the help of textbooks to teach students inside the classroom. It will also help them to write all the answers asked from any part of the textbook.
We can conclude this article by saying that students should work hard to score good marks in their Class 11 exam. In the process of preparation, students need essential study materials such as CBSE syllabus, previous year papers, sample papers, etc.